Saw this on Nutmeg Knitter's and Wife, Mom, Knitter's blogs, and it looked like fun, so I had to do it, too!
1. My uncle once…lived in California.
2. Never in my life…have I eaten octopus. Or eel.
3. When I was five…I loved kindergarten and had a best friend named Michael.
4. High school was…where I first learned to go after what I wanted and to work my hardest to get it. And to believe that good things would come my way.
5. I will never forget... the day that the twins were born. We knew our lives had been changed forever by those twelve pounds of miracle.
6. Once I met…Lyle Waggoner. Oh, I know, you are so jealous. Go ahead, click on the link, I know you have to...I'm so dating myself. But really, I was a little girl and I was so stoked to meet him. Oh, and I once was within about five feet of John Updike...very exciting, maybe even more so than meeting Lyle!
7. There’s this boy I know…who used to be the cutest kid, and just this year he got married and asked my kid to be his ring bearer. So adorable, my nephew.
8. Once, at a bar, well, probably more than once, I drank something called...a brain? A bloody brain? It was Bailey's poured into something, red, I think, so it curdled up to look like a brain would look, like, exactly like a brain would look... and it tasted great!
9. By noon…we knew we wouldn't make it to the beach to meet our friends on time, though I'd promised to get there by 12:15. We made it there by 12:35. Oops. I really can't stand to break promises, but I have equal difficulty with getting to places on time!
10. Last night…Our power went out for all of three seconds, which apparently was plenty of time to wipe out 100 hours of recorded shows on our satellite system :/. We lost several series, the closing ceremonies to the Olympics that we hadn't yet had the time to watch, and the finale to So You Think You Can Dance, which only I, out of all the family, had missed. It was so anticlimactic to find out from the kids today who won. I won't whine too much about it. Just a little.
11. If only I had…more discipline to get to bed earlier. Working on it!
12. “Next time I go to church” is something you won't hear me say. I've been done with organized religion since mid-way through college. Which, believe me, was a long time ago ;).
13. What worries me most…is money and my kids' health and safety.
14. When I turn my head left... I see the beach bag, still unpacked, from today.
15. When I turn my head right... I see the mouse whose battery light has been blinking at me for days. Gotta get on that. If you don't hear from me in a while, we now can blame that :).
16. You know I’m lying when…I'm not telling, then you will know when I'm lying!
17. What I miss most about the Eighties…is college, and having a much more carefree lifestyle. Many less worries than now.
18. If I were a character in Shakespeare I’d be…Beatrice from Much Ado About Nothing. She seems really smart and self-possessed. And of course, since the movie I always think of her as Emma Thompson, and come now, what woman wouldn't want to be Emma Thompson?
19. By this time next year…I will be sending my youngest to preschool...more free time for me, yippee! Oh, right, and it will be so good for her, too ;).
20. A better name for me would be…I can't think of one. Not that there probably aren't a few out there...I just can't think of a better name right now.
21. I have a hard time understanding…why I can't get better at arriving places on time.
22. If I ever go back to school… shoot me, please.
23. You know I like you if…I laugh a lot with you.
24. If I ever won an award, the first person I would thank would be…my parents and my therapist. They all had a hand in parenting me. Thanks, guys!
26. My ideal breakfast is... corned beef hash and scrambled eggs...heart attack on a plate, so I try not to have that too often! Man, do I sound old or what???
25. Take my advice, never…let anyone walk all over you.
27. A song I love but do not have is…"96,000" from "In the Heights". Take a listen:
28. If you visit my hometown, I suggest that you visit… the Hasbro factory.
29. Why won’t people…treat each other better?
30. If you spend a night at my house…expect to wake up early, cause the kids all do!
31. I’d stop my wedding for…listen, if I even get the chance to marry my partner, there will be very little that I'd stop that wedding for!
32. The world could do without…people who value money or their own comfort more than others' feelings.
33. I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than… to have to experience miscarriage again. I am grateful every day that we don't have to face that spectre again.
34. My favorite blondie is… I don't get it.
35. Paper clips are more useful than…rubber bands?
36. If I do anything well it’s…managing this brood. It's hard sometimes, but I asked for it and so far, I'm pretty proud of the job I'm doing.
37. I can’t help but.... think about all the knitting I have to do while I'm sitting here writing!
38. I usually cry… at sad movies.
39. My advice to my nephew/niece is… treat all people well and don't judge people on first impressions.
40. And by the way, it's time for bed!