Saturday, January 5, 2008

Kos and Colbert

In ambivalent anticipation of both Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart coming back to air on January 7 (although I love them both, I can't stand that they are going forward without their writers - strikes don't work unless there is suffering and that suffering spurs negotiation), I offer you two of my favorite people in the world, The Daily Kos' Markos Moulitsas and Stephen Colbert, together on the same stage.




Let's hope the writers are able to return to work ASAP. Otherwise, the shows can't possibly be what they were, and I'll surely lose more and more respect for Jon and Stephen. I really can't believe they are doing this.

2 comments:

KnelleyBelley said...

That was truly entertaining. Thanks for sharing. The writers mess is such a shame. They need to be treated fairly so that everything can get back to normal. Not good that shows are starting up again without their writers.

Erin said...

Funny. If it's any consolation, I don't think this is Colbert or Stewart's idea. The studios are forcing them to do it by holding their jobs and the jobs of all the non-writing staff over their heads. I do hope the strike gets resolved soon. I miss my tv, but I want the writers to get their fair share, too.