Saturday, January 19, 2008

Tagged, again

Got tagged by CostumeChick for another meme...thanks, CostumeChick!

This is a name-seven-quirks/habits/facts-about-yourself meme. After you're done, you tag seven more people. You can't tag who tagged you, and you can't just tag whoever is reading. Ok, here we go...


1) I waitressed in high school. It was one of the most fun jobs I've ever had. Maybe even the most fun.

2) I actually thought I would have a psychotic break when my dad passed away. To this day, I still can't believe I didn't.

3) I skipped the fifth grade. It was one of the most painful experiences of my life, and I'm still not over it.

4) I had five siblings. One of my brothers passed away from a heart attack at the age of 43. I am 43 right now.

5) I walk and exercise regularly. I am driven by the facts that I'm in my forties with a two year old, my family medical history is not the best (see #4), and my father passed away at the age of 64, when I was just barely out of college (he was an older parent just like me).

6) I am powerless over chocolate. Oddly, considering my focus on healthy living, I only realized this in the past year, when I saw that same crazed look in my daughter's eyes when in the presence of chocolate.

7) I met my partner at work. I chased her. A lot. Which is weird because it's the first time I'd ever done that, and weirder still because it was my first relationship with a woman. I must have been really sure, I guess.

That was fun, and painful. I tag JennM (just in case you needed another!), Knelley, the Original Test Dummy, and Sarah.

2 comments:

KnelleyBelley said...

Wow. I just learned a whole lot about you in one little post. You've had some biggies in that life of yours. Don't even know what to say.

What I will say is that I already knew you were a smart cookie, but skipping the 5th grade? Geez. That's pretty amazing. Must have been tough, though, to be thrown into the mix with the older kids and to leave your peers behind. I think I get why it was painful.

Treat yourself to a piece of chocolate!

WifeMomKnitter said...

OMG! Thank you so much for sharing all that. I too learned a lot about you. And since I'm sure you read my "100th" post you know I'm quite familiar with painful school memories. Actually the 6th grade was one of my toughtest years. I've blocked out of a lot of memories from that year.